In This Episode We Cover:
- how to get your feet wet in real estate.
- Treat real estate as your business.
- She felt when she was nice people walked over her. So she had to be strict in order to get the job done.
- The importance of doing background check on different programs before you accept them.
- Learn how to build a rental property leasing strategy.
- Create a lease to cover anything and everything.
- Update your lease regularly with new ideas & strategy.
- Experience & # of properties shows how successful an investor is
- How to adjust to new market conditions and still make a profit
- Identify your unique criteria & evaluate your strategy for different markets
- Get started with very low capital
- 5% was her initial down payment to get started in real estate
- Explains step-by-step process of acquiring first tenant
- If you are buying out of state you must be willing to see the property in person
- You strategy and lease paper means nothing if your tenants dont pay rent.
- Amazing motivation at ( 18:55) about real estate
- Learn what works for you and what is the best strategy for you
- Mentors are experts in different fields and they guide you through hard times.
- If you are not ready to invest and want to learn more you can get a job that is in the same field so you can grow your knowledge and skills.
- Dont give up. Real estate is similar to roller coaster (up … down..), if you stick around to the end…. you will be rewarded.
Links from the Show:
- Elizabeth Colegrove website
- Elizabeth Facebook group
- Bigger Pockets
- Mr. Money Mustache
Books Mentioned in this Show:
- Elizabeth Colegrove Book
- Bigger Pocket Books
- Dave Ramsey Books
- Suze Orman Books
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! with Robert Kiyosaki
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!